Introduction to Magento
What is Magento and Why Magento is used for ecommerce websites?
Magento is the open source platform for e-commerce. It is use for online store. Magento has a very powerful marketing, SEO and category management tools. Magento offers us to use many plugins and different type of themes. Its also offers various types of products like simple products, configured products, bundle products, group products, virtual products and downloading products.
Magento’s current version is 2.0, but most of the developers prefer Magento 1.9 version for development. Because it is believed that Magento 2 – structure is totally different for file and layouts.
There are two types of edition of Magento:
1) Community Edition
2) Enterprise Edition
1) Community Edition: It is open source platform easy to use by developer. Developer can implement modules in the core files and mysql database i.e it is free for any developer, easily download and configure.
2) Enterprise Edition: It is defined from enterprise has same core file of community edition. But it is not free. There are more modules and features in enterprise edition. This edition is used in large project or business. Enterprise edition is provide us support, troubleshooting and configuration.
Benefits of using Magento:
1) Easy to install and configure.
2) Open source technology and easily use to build a ecommerce website for online shop.
3) MVC (Model-View-Controller) Structure.
4) Allows types of products.
5) Allows many payment gateways like Paypal, Authorized.net and etc.
6) Allows create promotional rule for festivals.
7) Everything control from admin panel.
8) Easily allows for extensions or plugins.
9) Flexible CMS
10) User mobile friendly
11) Advanced SEO
12) Allows Multilingual i.e Multiple stores and language
13) Allows multi sites with one admin.
14) Strong securities with securities patched.
15) Robust and powerful solution for websites.
16) Design customization within one week.
17) Fast implementation and give training.
18) Integration along with third-party software and solutions.