Why is Integration testing important in Software Testing Life Cycle?
Most of the companies focused on the end to end testing. End to end testing is necessary but it needs to cover real use cases. Mostly testers spend 85% time finding bugs and ignore the real use cases related to an application. Test cases help the tester to find an easy path of the testing.
Most of the testing life cycle end to end user testing but same time important to performed integration testing.
Integration testing to confirm that the individually tested units can work together to deliver the intended functionality. Integration dependency between different modules.
All modules may not get ready at the same time for integration but it is necessary to test the integration of ready module.
Integration testing is performed in different ways:
Top to bottom, bottom to a top and Big bang.
Top to bottom and bottom to top:
Top- down and bottom-up strategies of information processing and ordering, used in the variety of fields including software.
It is integration strategy that means all units are link together and a complete system is ready. This type of testing it is difficult to isolate any errors found.
Advantages of integration testing:
1) Faster development, a confident level is high.
2) Easy to integrate different module and easily to test.
3) Code coverage is high and easy to track.
4) A major help to create real-time use cases during end user.
5) Top down or bottom up approach of integration testing, testing start at early stages of development and bugs are cause easily.
6) Test run faster than an end to an end user.
7) Test cases, negative cases can be written at the earlier stage and execute every build helps in high-level test and improve the test gaps.
8) Integration testing easily finds system level issues like database broken, integration mistakes
What is required integration testing?
- Development cycle test is written from the day one of the development.
- Strong Test team who would work and think like a tester with development skill sets.
Prerequisites for integration testing:
Integration testing it is important that all the things have been successfully unit tested.
Integration testing steps:
Step1: Create a Test Plan
Step2: Create Test Cases
Step3: Execute the test cases
Step4: Report bug
Step5: Fix the bug if any and re-test the code
Step6: Repeat the test cycle